Onto 2013: Grid Line-up
I admit this season's been a big surprise for everyone. But nothing is more exciting than the last leg of the season where teams announce their next season driver line up (if they're going to be there, ofcourse.)
And after discussions for long hours the teams announced their 'big decisions'. Finally we've come to a point where we can name which driver is going to be in which team for 2013.. well not ALL the drivers have been confirmed, but who have been are these:
1) Infiniti RedBull Racing - Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber
2) Scuderia Ferrari - Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa
3) Vodafone McLaren Mercedes- Jenson Button and Sergio Perez
4) Lotus renault - Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean
5) Mercedes - Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg
6) Sauber Ferrari - Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg
7) Force India Mercedes - Paul DiResta and (2nd driver to be confirmed)
8) Williams renault - Pastor Maldonado and Valtteri Bottas
9) Scuderia Toro Rosso - Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne
10) Caterham cosworth - Charles Pic and (2nd driver to be confirmed)
11) Marussia F1 - Timo Glock and Max Chilton
First and obvious- there are only 11 constructors for next season, because HRT couldn't find funding and hence couldn't pay next year's fee.
Kamui Kobayashi who podium finished in Japan in 2012, will be missing from the 2013 grid. Again, because he couldn't find a sponsor. Kobayashi raised a fund for his seat in F1, but all mid field teams had already confirmed their line up.
Bruno Senna lost his seat to rookie Valtteri Bottas. But as a back up plan, he's carried out a DTM test with Mercedes. So he's likely to be in DTM for 2013.
Force India News: The 2 possible names to be slotted into that one driver's seat are Jules Bianchi and Adrian Sutil. Sutil, an ex Force India driver was given an 18 month suspension from F1 for causing grievous bodily harm to a Formula One team owner in a nightclub. And Jules Bianchi, finished 2nd in the GP2 series this year and is a part of the Ferrari Driver's academy. Young and fast.. what any team would want.
So its Young and Fast -vs- Experience.
Caterham News: After recruiting Charles Pic from Marussia, caterham is searching a worthy teammate for him. Possibilities are: Geido Van Der Garde or Hekki Kovalinen. Alexander Rossi too is there, but something tells me, he's not in the 'to recruit' list of Caterham's.